This is an easy and delicious recipe for an apple pastry. A short-crust pastry base is topped with thinly sliced apple and a hint of nutmeg and cinnamon. The apricot spread adds a sweet finish to the tartness of the apples. Enjoy this great dessert that’s perfect for any occasion, from family gatherings to picnics and potlucks.
For 1 people
- 3 tablespoons - All-purpose flour
- 1 dash - Salt
- 2 teaspoons - Plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 small - Apple
- 1 dash - Ground nutmeg
- 1 dash - Ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons - Reduced-calorie apricot spread
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour and salt; cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add yogurt and mix thoroughly. Form dough into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 3 days).
- Between two sheets of wax paper, roll dough, forming a 4 and 1/2 inch circle about 1/8 inch thick. Carefully remove wax paper and place dough on foil or small cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Core, pare and thinly slice the apple; arrange on pastry and sprinkle with nutmeg and cinnamon. Bake until crisp and golden, 20-30 minutes.
- During the last few minutes that pastry is baking, heat the apricot spread; as soon as pastry is done, brush with warm spread.
This delicious apple pastry is a great way to enjoy a healthy and guilt-free dessert. The combination of the tart apples, nutmeg and cinnamon makes this a great dessert for any occasion. Enjoy this delicious and nutritious treat with your friends and family!