Cornmeal muffins are a much-loved staple of Tex-Mex cooking, and these Parmesan-flavoured ones perfectly complement the spicy stew, making a tasty alternative to rice or potatoes. This Cherry Spice Loaf adds a delicious twist to the classic corn muffin recipe with the addition of dates, cherries, raisins, and walnuts. It’s sure to be a hit for any special occasion!
For 8 people
- 2 - Eggs
- 1 C - Granulated Sugar
- 0.5 C - Vegetable Oil
- 0.75 C - Milk
- 0.5 tsp - Almond Extract
- 2 C - All-Purpose Flour
- 1.5 tsp - Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp - Baking Soda
- 0.25 tsp - Salt
- 0.5 C - Dates -- Cut Up
- 0.5 C - Glazed Cherries
- 0.5 C - Raisins
- 0.5 C - Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs slightly. Then, add the sugar and vegetable oil, stirring until combined.
- Next, slowly pour the milk and almond extract into the mixture, stirring until blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the dates, cherries, raisins, and walnuts, making sure to mix everything together well.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, stirring just until all the ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the greased loaf pan, spread evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a cooling rack. Now, your Cherry Spice Loaf is ready to enjoy!
This Cherry Spice Loaf is a delicious twist on the classic corn muffin recipe. Its combination of dates, cherries, raisins, and walnuts will tantalize your taste buds and transport you to the heart of Tex-Mex cooking. Serve this tasty loaf as an accompaniment to a spicy stew, or enjoy it as an indulgence all on its own. No matter how you savor it, you’re sure to find that it’s a delicious treat you’ll come back to time and time again!