If you’re in the mood for a flavorful and nutritious meal, look no further than Cajun steak kebab. This low-fat dish is packed with Cajun, Creole, and Carribean flavors, marinated in a delicious blend of spices, and cooked to perfection. Best of all, it’s quick and easy to make in under 30 minutes!
- 0.5 cup - Cauliflower flowerets
- 0.25 cup - Mixed vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons - Cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon - Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon - Dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon - Paprika
- 1 teaspoon - Dried thyme
- 0.5 teaspoon - Onion powder
- 0.25 teaspoon - Fresh ground black pepper
- 0.25 teaspoon - Ground red pepper
- 15 ounces - Well-trimmed sirloin steak
- 2 teaspoons - Olive oil
- 16 large - Mushrooms
- 1 medium - Red onion
- Start the grill or preheat the broiler.
- Blanch the cauliflower in a saucepan of boiling water; drain and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the mixed vegetable juice, vinegar, garlic powder, oregano, paprika, thyme, onion powder, black pepper, and red pepper. Remove half of the mixture and toss with the steak cubes.
- Add the oil to the remaining mixture in the bowl. Add the mushrooms and onions to the cauliflower. Drizzle the spice mixture over the vegetables and toss them carefully to coat.
- Dividing the ingredients evenly, thread the meat and vegetables on 8 skewers.
- Grill or broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Turn the skewers over and grill or broil for 3-5 minutes longer, or until the meat is medium-rare and the vegetables are just cooked.
This Cajun steak kebab dish is a delicious, nutritious and low fat meal that you can enjoy in under 30 minutes. The flavor combination of garlic, oregano, paprika, thyme, onion powder, black pepper, and red pepper will tantalize your taste buds and the hearty steak and vegetables will certainly fill you up! Enjoy!