This vegan-friendly black bean bread recipe is a great way to add some spice to your next meal. The combination of black beans and bread dough is full of flavor, making this a delicious and nutritious meal. The bread dough is made with eggs, salt, liquid from black beans, active dry yeast, sugar, and all-purpose flour. egg wash, butter and vegetable oil spray are also used for assembly. Serve it as a side with any dish or as a snack with a cup of coffee. This recipe is sure to become a favorite in your home.
For 1 people
- 2 large - Eggs
- 1 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 cup - Liquid of black beans, Devilishly Delicious
- 1 package - Active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon - Sugar
- 3.25 cups - All-purpose flour
- 1 - Egg
- 0.5 cup - Water
- 3 cups - Drained black beans, Devilishly Delicious
- 2 tablespoons - Unsalted butter
- Whisk the eggs until they are frothy and then add the salt.
- Heat the bean cooking liquid to 110F and stir in the yeast and sugar.
- Combine the eggs and the bean liquid in the bowl of a mixer. Stir briefly to combine and then, with the mixer set on slow, gradually add 3 1/4 cups flour. Increase the speed to medium and process for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to medium slow and process for 5 more minutes or until the dough is smooth, very elastic, and clinging to the dough hook.
- Gather the dough into a ball. Place in bowl and cover. Allow to rise until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Blend the sugar, egg, and water together.
- Lightly spray a 5 x 8 inch bread pan with the oil.
- After the dough has risen, turn it out onto a well-floured surface. Roll the dough into a rectangle, 12 x 20-24 inches. Brush the dough with the egg wash, but leave a 6-inch wide section unbrushed at one of of the 12-inch ends. Spread the beans on the dough, except for the section that was not washed with the egg. Leave a 1/2 inch border on the other 3 sides.
- Starting at the narrow fille end, roll the dough up, jelly-roll fashion, until only 1 inch of the untrussed section is still sticking out. Brush this flap with egg wash and close the roll, making sure that all layers meet and there is no gap on the sides.
- Place the rolled dough in the prepared pan, seam side down. Cover with a towel and let the dough rise until doubled in volume, about 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Bake until the top is browned and crisp, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven, gently remove the loaf from the pan, and brush the top with the melted butter. Let cool slightly, preferably on a wire rack before slicing.
This black bean bread recipe is sure to become your go-to vegan recipe. It is full of flavor and wonderfully fragrant, perfect for any meal. This vegan-friendly dish is easy to make and can be served as a side with any dish or as a snack with a cup of coffee. Try it today and you won’t regret it. Enjoy!