Looking for a hearty vegan meal that is both tasty and nutritious? Look no further! This Baked Rice and Garbanzo Beans dish is packed with flavor and nutrition. The combination of long-grain brown rice, garbanzo beans, olives, and herbs provides a unique flavor that will satisfy your taste buds. It takes just minutes of preparation before popping it in the oven for a quick and easy meal.
For 4 people
- 1/2 - Onion
- 1 teaspoon - Cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 - Garlic cloves
- 2 1/2 cups - Cooked long-grain brown rice
- 3/4 cup - Cooked or canned garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup - Sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon - Natural soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon - Nutritional yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon - Ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon - Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon - Dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon - Dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the onion and the olive oil. Saute for a few minutes until the onion is golden. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked brown rice, garbanzo beans, olives, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, pepper, paprika, basil and oregano. Mix until evenly incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly oiled casserole dish and bake for 35 minutes. Serve with a green salad and lightly steamed greens or vegetables.
This Baked Rice and Garbanzo Beans dish is a great vegan dish that is packed with flavor and nutrition. It is easy to make and tastes great. If you are looking for a hearty vegan meal that is both tasty and nutritious, this is a great option to consider.