Bacci’s Bread is an authentic Polish Babka recipe that was given to us by our Polish neighbor. No special occasion is complete without it. It’s a soft and fluffy bread made with warm water, golden raisins, and a hint of sugar. The result is a deliciously sweet treat that’s perfect for holidays and special occasions alike. Our babka is a low-fat recipe, making it a healthier alternative to store-bought versions.
For 14 people
- 1 Package - Active dry yeast
- 4 Cups - Bread flour
- 1/2 Cup - Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons - Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon - Salt
- 1/4 Cup - Warm water
- 1 Cup - Milk
- 1/4 Pound - Butter
- 2 - Eggs
- 3/4 Cup - Golden raisins
- Begin by mixing the yeast, bread flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Then add in the warm water, milk, butter and eggs and mix together.
- Once the dough is mixed, add 3/4 cup of golden raisins and knead together.
- Transfer the dough to a greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth.
- Let the dough rise until double, about 1-2 hours.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, shape it into a loaf and put it into a greased 1 1/2 lb. loaf pan.
- Brush the top of the loaf with a beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Bacci’s Bread is a delicious, low-fat treat that is perfect for holidays and special occasions. It’s a soft and fluffy bread full of golden raisins and a hint of sweetness that make this a truly special bread. Whether you’re looking for a gift for your Polish neighbor or a treat for yourself, this babka recipe is sure to be a hit. Enjoy!